Thursday, February 24, 2011

These Are Awesome

This is my next *big* knitting project. When I first went to the yarn shop down here to check the place out and inquire about classes for me, we saw these legwarmers made in the shop. This week I asked about getting the pattern since I've figured out knitting and purling and it turned out to be a free pattern with yarn purchase. Yay! So I bought 2 skeins of this beautiful red yarn. I think the colors in this are so pretty! There were other colors available in this particular brand and if I am successful making these red ones, I may just make another pair in another color.
I will most likely modify this pattern to make them longer. I like legwarmers that go well beyond the knee. Most legwarmers I've purchased are thigh highs. Ultimately, I want to make lots of knits for dancing. I found a ton of patterns online that are free, too. If only I knew how to do this stuff when I was a teenager. I would have handmade all my danceknits!

No comments:

Post a Comment