Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Valentine

Forget flowers and candy. I got something much better and more useful. I got *pink* fishing gear! That's right. My boyfriend and I fish frequently and when he asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day I said I wanted a pink tackle bag from Gander Mountain and a pink Ugly Stik fishing rod. I'll admit, I mostly just think the name "Ugly Stik" is hilarious and that is why I wanted one; but they happen to be a good fishing rod for a reasonable price! So, we headed north to a location not to be disclosed to me until someone called and he told him where we were going giving away the surprise. We went to Gander Mountain and then to a humongous Bass Pro Shop up in Richmond. That Bass Pro Shop was unreal! Granted, the one in Hampton has a larger freshwater fish tank; the one in Richmond is just a huge store. It is complete with an awesome restaurant and a fudge shoppe to boot. We had a great time and I got my pink fishing gear. As an added bonus we picked up a pink tackle backpack from Bass Pro. Now I am ready to fish! My Ugly Stik does need a reel at this point, but we have plenty of other fishing rods that I can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment