Wednesday, February 9, 2011

An Itch to Knit

Around 10 years ago I took up knitting. In the beginning it was just scarves made by the classic knit stitch and purl stitch. Eventually, I learned socks. Then I met someone who didn’t approve of knitting (or anything else I did) so I got away from it. Now I want to finish some of these projects I started all those years ago. I’m really proud of this baby sock. lol Let me add, that it's a baby sock because when I took the class all those years ago, we made baby socks so that we could learn all the steps in a timely manner. I have a few unfinished projects from those days. I started an adult pair of socks and a purse. As I got out of practice, I would forget some of the basics. Then I messed up and didn't know how to fix my mistakes. In the meantime, the yarn shop where I took my classes went out of business. I didn't know where to go for new lessons and so it sat. I'm hoping to find a yarn shop nearby here where I can relearn and get back into my knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment