Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's Growing!

Meanwhile, my old experiment is growing. It started off as practice for knitting the garter stitch. Then, I figured out the purl stitch. I made some mistakes and ripped it apart and started all over. It helped keep me in practice with casting one anyway. So, the last time I started it over, I knitted a couple rows. Then I think I purled four rows and then knitted 4 and then purled 4. Then I decided I wanted it to have vertical ribbing so I did something like k5; p5.
I have almost finished the first skein of yarn. I bought another skein to knit in when I run out so it will be as long as I need it to be. Hopefully, I will remember correctly what I did on that first end so the other end matches. I suppose if it doesn't match it will be OK. Someone around here will wear it. And yes, that's my toe in the bottom corner there. I had to stand on the couch in order to get the whole thing to fit in the shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment