Saturday, February 19, 2011

Knitting Evolution

So I totally ripped apart what I was doing and startd over because I figured out the purl stitch on my own with a little help from Sally Melville’s book The Knitting Experience: Book 2: The Purl Stitch. I was doing fine til I realized I’d added a stitch somehow. Not knowing how to fix it I took it all apart. I started over and then realized I hadn’t been placing the needles properly. I had the right needle on top of the left instead of under it. So I knitted 4 rows and purled 4 rows a few times and decided to make it look more interesting by purling 5 stitches and then knitting 5 stitches repeatedly. I messed up again by adding stitches. This time I was actually able to undo them and fix it myself without starting over! This time I forgot to move the working yarn to the front and back when switching from knit to purl and vice versa. It’s very satisfying to encounter a problem, identify it, and then figure out how to fix it on one’s own.

No comments:

Post a Comment