Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Traveling Scarf: Lost Scarf

After multiple conversations with the post office and dealing with their rudeness, I have reached the sad conclusion that one of the scarves in the chain has been lost. I called at 8:30 Monday morning when it opened like they told me to on Saturday and was told it's highly unlikely the carrier will remember what he/she did with it 10 days ago. Then I was told to file a claim. So, I went online to do that and it said my tracking # isn't eligible for a claim because it's not an insured package. My optimism left me at that point.

After being told I would get a callback, and hearing nothing after more than 2 hours, I went in person and got more runaround. The guy I talked to on the phone copped an attitude so I asked for the postmaster and he didn't get them for me. And the story changed to now the carrier doesn't remember delivering a package. I'd be surprised if he even talked to the right carrier. They have subs all the time in my neighborhood. I hope it still arrives. They told me the sender has to look into it. I told him the sender already had and that they told him that I had to contact my post office...No response to that. The guy was rude and obtuse so I left unhappy.

Once I reported this information to our group, the woman who started this whole traveling scarf chain let me know that in her past experiences, whenever a scarf was lost due to postal error, a new "ANGEL" scarf was created to replace the lost scarf. Of course I am happy to start a new scarf for that person! So, once she lets me know what her original preferences were, I will be starting it right away! I can only hope that the other one turns up and she can maybe graft them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment