Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Traveling Scarf: ANGEL Scarf

  The specifications for the lost scarf were simple: make it blue! So, with these simple instructions, I quickly got to work on the new scarf. I have Caron Simply Soft in Country Blue that I love. In photographs it looks a little purple sometimes, but I assure you, it is blue! This is the yarn I used for the second chemo cap I made over the winter.

Since this is an "Angel" scarf, I decided to try to incorporate that theme into my seed section for this scarf. I did a Google search for "Angel knitting patterns," and "Angel lace knitting patterns." My hope was to find something that resembled angels or, at the very least, wings. Most of the results were angel dolls. One pattern caught my eye. It's called Angel Lace Cardigan. The cardigan itself isn't my style, but I was intrigued by the lace portion. It turns out it is called Trellis Lace. The shape of the lace made me think of angels. Maybe I'm being abstract, but I think it looks like little angels holding hands.

To get this scarf off to its next destination, I needed to shop
for a little notebook like the rest of us have with ours for notes and introductions. I found a pretty floral one to accompany this scarf. In hindsight, I might call this the Phoenix scarf because it's being resurrected from oblivion. However, I didn't think of that sooner so Angel scarf it is! It has been shipped out, Priority Mail! Yes, ever since I learned that filing a claim with the post office is a moot point if the package isn't insured, I am now mailing all the future scarves Priority because it automatically comes with $50 worth of insurance. At least with this provision, should the worst happen again, a file can be claimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment