Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Traveling Scarf: Moving Along

In the midst of the post office drama and the lost scarf, I had received the next scarf in line on time. I had started one stitch pattern that wasn't turning out so well so I decided to scrap it and find something different. I opted for this Slip Stitch Lace pattern. This is a fun pattern!

Insomnia has been hitting me hard lately, so I've been doing a lot of knitting in the middle of the night. I think it is due to this, that I actually knitted this pattern incorrectly. I have an extra purl stitch in there in between each repeat. It doesn't look bad and it didn't compromise the appearance of the pattern so I left it as is.

While working on this pattern, I decided to create my own little "stitchionary" book. What's a "stitchionary?" It's quite simple. It's just a book where notes and stitch patterns are kept in one place. Mine is simply a notebook for now, but I am thinking of getting something a little sturdier like a journal to keep them all written in. This way, I won't have to keep doing internet searches to find these patterns again and again. I'll have them written down in my little book.

Here is how my finished section looks with the rest of the scarf. It appears to me that not everyone took heed of the "DK weight" instruction. The section I attached mine to is definitely worsted weight. I can see other fluctuations in yarn weights, so hopefully, the finished project will balance itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment