Sunday, July 26, 2015

Knitting at the Crack of Dawn

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, which has resulted in my waking up at 5:00 a.m. or earlier. The other day I took advantage of this time to work on the baby's dress. I've finished one sleeve and just have to finish the other sleeve, sew the Picot edges, and weave in the ends; oh, and of course blocking. The pattern calls for crocheting the sleeves, but since I don't crochet, I have modified the sleeves to match the Picot edge of the skirt.
Here (left) is a closeup of just the bodice and the sleeve that is completed. I think it will work nicely with the Picot edge instead of the crochet. Maybe one day I will master crochet, too; but that day is not today. There are too many knitting projects I want to do! I can't have a distraction like crochet to deter me from knitting all the things!
Below is the entire dress so far. I'm happy with how it is coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment