Thursday, April 9, 2015

Review: Knitter's Pride Interchangeable Circular Deluxe Set

After shopping around online and asking advice from knitting friends, I decided to try the Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeable needles. This set has glowing reviews on WEBS. I purchased these sometime in early March, and after using them for a month or so I can't give it the accolades others bestow upon them. Below is my opinion of these needles. I don't think they are horrible, I just don't think they live up to the glowing perfection the other reviews imply.
I purchased these with gift money from Christmas because I have one set of interchangeable needles and needed another set since I often have multiple projects going at once. I was drawn to these because they are colorful and I like the color coding for different sizes. I have the Colonial Needles interchangeable set in bamboo and I love it, however, the size numbers have rubbed off some of them over time and I have to check my needle size with the included gauge tool.
I ordered the Knitters Pride Dreamz because they have great reviews and everyone raves about how they don't come apart while knitting (my other set occasionally come apart). Well, these do come apart while knitting. I use the locking tool that came with them and even after tightening the needles using that, they constantly come loose. I am not an extremely tight knitter and I haven't used these for a major project yet. So far I'm just using them for a scarf. I'm a little hesitant to use them on anything complex like a sweater, but I have started a gauge swatch for a summer top with them.
I'm not sure I would recommend them.



No comments:

Post a Comment