Tuesday, September 8, 2015

At Last; Another Scarf!

After waiting for over a month to receive another scarf, the next installment of The Traveling Scarf project finally arrived. The color scheme for this one consists of grey, army green, brown, black, purple, burgundy, or turquoise. I have a lovely burgundy yarn that I would like to have used, however, the section I was adding to was a shade of burgundy already, so I opted for grey.  I really wanted to use my Caron United and since burgundy was out, grey was in!


The pattern instructions were very flexible. We could use any pattern we chose, so I found a stitch pattern I liked called Chain of Hearts. I found it on Pinterest, which is where I've been finding most of my scarf stitch patterns. It's a simple lace rib pattern, but I'm not so sure it looks like hearts. The site where I got the pattern used a much lighter weight yarn than the worsted weight I used. Perhaps it is meant for lighter weight yarns, but I still like the look of it. I guess I can sort of see the hearts in the pattern the more I look at it.

While I had hoped to get this scarf mailed before I went to the hospital, I didn't make it to the post office. Fortunately, I did get it finished before I went to the hospital; which was more important. I needed to get a bigger envelope. The scarves have outgrown the envelope size I've been using up until now.
These scarves are getting so long they don't really fit on my coffee table anymore, either! I have just thrree more scarves to finish and then I will receive my own scarf back. I can't wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment