Saturday, August 18, 2012

Casting On Again!

Well, I finally started a new project. I decided to make my baby boy this adorable bodysuit. It's going to be blue. I'm using a different yarn than what's in the pattern. I happen to have 2 skeins of Naturally Caron.com Spa that I bought from JoAnn Fabric a few months ago. I just need one more skein and it's reasonably priced so it shouldn't be an issue. The only problem I have with this pattern is the charts. I'm not a chart reader. I can see the importance of charts for writing a pattern, but for knitting the pattern I need written instructions. It's just my preference. So far I have knitted one cuff of one leg of the outfit. Next I am going to look at the charts and write out the instructions so I don't get confused. I can't wait to finish this for my son. He is going to look great in it! I'm making the 12 month size. I think it will fit him earlier than that. If not, it's okay for it to be a little big.

No comments:

Post a Comment