Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Favorite Project

While I was living in Virginia in 2011, I had access to a wonderful yarn shop in Yorktown. This yarn shop literally has everything! It was here that I was introduced to ruffly yarn by Rozetti called Marina.

I learned how to knit with this yarn and made my first Frilly Scarf. The colors are wonderful. Some have been discontinued. I bought a few skeins in different colors. I made a few as gifts. When my husband and I moved back to Ohio I was wearing my "Pink Camo" scarf a lot. We went to the local Gander Mountain and the manager admired the scarf and asked if I sell them. I had been toying with the idea of selling my handmade knits and this just really confirmed to me that I should go ahead and give it shot. And so my Etsy shop was born!

These scarves are so fun to make and so eye catching it is no wonder they are my favorite project to make! I tend to make a new scarf if I'm between projects or don't know what to knit, but need to knit. I have three that I have made for myself and I have sold a few and given some as gifts to family. I still get compliments on them whenever I wear them out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment