Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Traveling Scarf: NC State Fan

Not long after I got home from the hospital another scarf arrived! The owner of this scarf is a big NC State fan. Apparently, their colors are red and white like a candy cane. I am not a big college sports fan so I am in the dark. I'm also still recovering from my C-section so I am not in a position to run out and buy red yarn. I have red yarn at home (I'm recovering at my parents' house so I have help with my son while I get settled with the baby), but I'm not sure my husband would be too keen on digging through my stash to bring it over here. I have burgundy yarn on hand so that is what I've used.


I wasn't sure I'd get it done, but I was able to turn it around pretty quickly. I didn't get a before picture of this one. The pattern of choice for this one was soda pop scarf. It's a fun stitch pattern. I think I could've used needles that were maybe one size larger for a squishier effect, but this is still okay.

My section is pretty dark compared to the rest, but I see I'm not the only one with a dark yarn. The last "red" person also used a burgundy color. I hope the end result is satisfactory.


No comments:

Post a Comment